Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped porcelain that are custom made (for shape and color) by a professional dental laboratory. They are bonded onto the front of teeth to create a beautiful and attractive smile. Their advantage? They require less grinding of your natural teeth than a crown, so you maintain more of the tooth structure that nature gave you.
Veneers can reshape your teeth and smile, and in some cases be alternatives to crowns. As with most dental restorations, veneers are not permanent and may someday need replacement. They are durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long-lasting smile.
NOTE: You might consider bleaching all of your teeth before you pick a shade for the veneers, so your entire smile will be brighter, and whiter.
Reasons for porcelain veneers:
- To straighten crooked teeth
- To contour misshapen teeth
- To cover discolored or stained teeth
- To resize teeth that are too small or large
- To fill in unwanted or uneven spaces
- To beautify worn or chipped teeth
All of the above will serve to create a uniform, white, beautiful smile!
What does getting porcelain veneers involve?
Getting veneers usually requires two visits to complete the process, with little or no anesthesia required during the procedure. The teeth are prepared by lightly buffing and shaping the surface to allow for the thickness of the veneer. A mold or impression of the teeth is taken and a shade (color) will then be chosen by you and Dr. Atkins, and his awesome staff. They’re all very helpful!
AGAIN: You might consider bleaching all of your teeth before you pick a shade for the veneers, so your entire smile will be brighter, and whiter.
On the second visit, the teeth will be cleansed with special liquids to maximize the adherence of the bonding agent. Dr. Atkins places Bonding cement between the tooth and veneer, and uses a special light to harden and set the cement.
You will receive care instructions for veneers. Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits will aid in prolonging the life of your new veneers.
LUMINEERS® BY CERINATE® are porcelain veneers that offer the painless way to a permanently whiter and perfectly aligned smile.
LUMINEERS® are contact lens-thin and are placed over existing teeth without having to remove tooth structure (unlike traditional veneers.) LUMINEERS® brand veneers are the painless, permanent cosmetic solution for stained (if not too dark), chipped, discolored or misaligned teeth.
Your LUMINEERS® dentist can apply these contact lens-thin “smile shapers” to teeth without any grinding or shaving*, transforming teeth into a naturally beautiful smile that looks perfect for every individual. LUMINEERS® can even be placed over existing crown or bridgework without having to replace them.
LUMINEERS® can only be made from patented Cerinate® porcelain which is unavailable anywhere other than the Cerinate® Smile Design Studio. In just 2-3 visits you can have a custom-made smile that is clinically proven to last over 20 years - and it is completely reversible since your natural tooth structure is still intact.
Contact-Lens-Thin to Save Your Tooth Structure
- No shots or anesthetic required* — procedure is entirely pain-free
- Little to no reduction of tooth structure - you keep your natural teeth intact
- Patented porcelain — from Den-Mat Holdings LLC, a trusted name in dentistry and oral care
- Minimal preparation required
- No post-operative sensitivity**
- Only two to three visits necessary
- Extremely natural-looking because they are so thin (approximately .2 mm) and translucent — patented porcelain
- No temporaries required
- Restore and strengthen teeth, help prevent wear
- Extraordinarily strong; clinically proven to last up to 20 years
- A viable alternative to braces in many cases
- Can be placed over crowns and rejuvenate old dental bridge work
- No micro-leakage or micro-cracking
* Tooth contouring may be necessary.
**Individual cases may vary